How to think?
Thinking is important as eating food. As food is important for our body, the thinking, and the way we think, and how we think, why we think is also important for our brain. The below are sub-headings, we will discuss in this article:
- Difference between positive and negative thinking
- What is creative thinking?
- How to divert thinking?
- Thinking with Psychology
- Five Recommended Books about thinking
Let’s illustrate the above points one by one.
Difference between Positive and Negative Thinking
It is just a mindset of positivity and negativity as we think. As we have listened to a popular story about a farmer who has a horse, and everyone asked him with good and bad attitudes, respectively after every incident, and the farmer replied all the time: “hmm..maybe”. The moral of the story is, the incidents are just incidents, there is no bad or good, it is just how we think and respond. The below are some reactions and responses of positive and negative people:
Positive people: Please recognize the limitations, but focus on the strength.
Negative people: Recognize the strength but not the weakness.
Positive people: Always has a plan.
Negative people: Always has an excuse.
Positive people: It may be difficult, but it is possible.
Negative people: It may be possible, but it is difficult.
Positive people: I was wrong, please accept my apology.
Negative: It was not my fault.
What is Creative Thinking?
Finding different ways of solution to a problem. Thinking in a new way is called creative thinking. There are different types of thinking skills, such as:
Analytical skills: Ability to analyze things differently.
Open-minded: Thinking in a way that nobody thinking in the same way.
Problem Solving: Creative thinkers have the ability to solve a problem in different ways.
Organization: Structural things and plans come under creative thinking skills.
Communication: The ability to listen, and ask a proper question is also comes under creative thinking.
How to Divert Thinking?
In everyday life, we are watching the news, and only some people realize that how the media is diverting people’s minds from one issue to another (which is not too much related). It is also an art to divert the mind. When you are making people to another problem or issue that he may or may not be interested in, but the incident or issue is shocking, and pushing your mind to watch and think about it, that is called divert thinking. There are different ways to divert your thinking, such as Incorporate Play, Chase your curiosity, celebrate creative risk-taking, Use multiple types of divergent thinking, etc.
Thinking with Psychology
As we are watching every day that a child is busy playing with his toys, and you want to busy him with another activity, what will you do? Of course, you will try to give him another object to divert his mind from one activity to another, and he will be happy to change the activity. In another case, when you snatched something, he will definitely cry, that is called thinking with psychology.
Recommended Books about Thinking
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About The World – And Why Things Are Better Than You Think by Hans Rosling
- The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dabelli
- Critical Thinking: Your Guide to Effective Argument, Successful Analysis and Independent Study by Tom Chatfield
- The Great Mental Models by Shane Parrish
- The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Calling Bullshit: The Art of Skepticism in a Data-Driven World by Carl Bergstrom & Jevin West
- Black Box Thinking: The Surprising Truth About Success by Matthew Syed
- How Not to Be Wrong by Jordan Ellenberg
- Wait, What?; And Life’s Other Essential Questions by James E.Ryan
- Think Smarter: Critical Thinking to Improve Problem-Solving and Decision-making Skills by Michael kallet
- Brain Power: Learn to Improve Your Thinking Skills by Karl Albrecht
The above books are not in any priority order. It is your choice, whatever books suit you, you can read them as you want.
Einstein wrote in 1936: “All of science is nothing more than the refinement of everyday thinking.” You can also use thinking techniques, such as ‘play memory games’, ‘think in categories’, ‘use math and numbers’, ‘visualize daily tasks’, and ‘identify the thoughts you want to change’, ‘change your perspective’, and ‘focus on positivity’.
Other interesting articles:
- How To Treat People?
- 12 Principles To Write A Novel
- How To Become Happier?
- 7 Effective Values To Treat People
Share on :
- 11 best and most popular gadgets - September 30, 2022
- 7 travel accessories for your trip (part 2) - September 19, 2022
- 7 Travel Accessories for your trip (Part 1) - September 15, 2022
An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a friend who was
doing a little research on this. And he in fact ordered me breakfast because I discovered it
for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!!
But yeah, thanks for spending some time to discuss this matter
here on your website.
Thanks very much for your kind words.